Thursday, February 07, 2008

Liberal MP Garth Turner Circa 1996

I was doing research on a paper I'm writing on Afghanistan, and in searching for the word "Taliban" in the Globe And Mail index, the 1996 October 1st issue caught my eye, because right there on the page was a familiar face.

I thought, "Is that Garth Turner?" And then scanned the ad to confirm. It's not that surprising considering he is a very experienced individual and evidently has quite a extensive financial resume, it was just something I wasn't expecting.

For those of you who are unfamilar with Mr. Turner he is a Liberal MP for Halton Ontario. Since taking office he has been a leader in making politics more inclusive through various media, including his website, his blog, and his internet television show, MPtv.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Turner's such a weasel now. My biggest disappointment in politics.