Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Making A Difference

The following is a message sent out to the Young Liberal Club at the University of British Columbia Okanagan campus.

----------------------------------------

Hello

This upcoming general election demands a Young Liberal difference. A difference comprised of our club fighting for the people of Canada and the change our country needs.

I admit I have not been as passionate as I once was, but I will not sit by and allow the injustice of sentencing 14 year olds to life sentences go unfought. I will not allow the Conservatives to decimate the Canadian justice system to one that doesn't differentiate between children and adults, that doesn't differentiate between the determined youth who are but a composition of their environment and the reasoned and fully free-willed mature citizens.

The Conservatives have gone too far, and they have revealed their intent. Along with Bill C-484 which was originally a back-door piece of legislation to criminalize abortion, the Conservatives have shown how conservative they are.

I cannot and will not allow Canada to be under the direction of such policies.

I want the UBCOYLC to be the beacon of not only resistance to this vision of Canada the Conservatives promote, but the staunchest adversary.

Please contact all your friends, write on blackboards, spread the word that UBCOYLC will fight this Conservative ideology.

I want the UBCOYLC to mobilize and promote our idea of what Canada could and should be.

Please contact me as soon as possible if you want to continue the UBCOYLC proud tradition of doing what is right.

No comments: