Thursday, October 15, 2009

To Gerald Keddy and other Conservative MPs, this is not your money, this is my money.


To Gerald Keddy and other Conservative MPs, this is not your money, this is my money. This is my money that I worked at my job for, that I laboured for. This is my money that I paid to my government. I paid this money in order for my government to provide essential services for myself and other Canadians. I did not work to fund some political party, or to give old white men an opportunity for a photo-op. I worked to fund my country, I worked to fund Canada.

How is it that I need to remind Conservatives that is bad enough for the government to take my money, let alone for others to claim it’s theirs? When did the Conservative Party become so indulged in entitlement to believe they comprise the totality of government and its services?

It's not the Conservative Party that supplies Canadians with education. It is not the Conservative Party that will die for Canada in wars. It is not the Conservative Party that saves the dying in hospitals. Canadians are the teachers, Canadians are the soldiers, Canadians are the doctors, and Canadians are the taxpayers that fund them all.

The Conservative Party is not the Canadian government. For Conservatives to claim that some identity exists between them and our government is to suggest every government service and employee is a partisan instrument at their disposal; to use every power we as citizens have surrendered to further their narrow and limited political agenda. There can be no greater violation to the spirit of democracy then one party claiming it and the government are synonymous.

For Gerald Keddy and other Conservative MPs to suggest that Canadian taxpayer money is Conservative money is an absolute violation of the trust Canadians put in our government.

1 comment:

kirbycairo said...

Yes, I agree. But canadian voters are so thick that they just don't care how bad or corrupt Harper is. In fact the worse he gets the more popular he becomes so he has no incentive whatsoever to be honest or competent.
So it goes....